Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Reading Notes: Egyptian Myth and Legend Part B

(Great Sphinx of Giza and the pyramid of Khafre)
(source: WikiMedia Commons
The second portion of my readings focused more on stories that in the end search to teach the audience a lesson that can be utilized in their lives in a variety of different ways. The possibility of writing a story with this form of direction is much more enticing compared to constructing a series of gods who would represent different aspects of an individual's life that is deemed of high importance. Creating a story around two brothers potentially going on an adventure or struggling through a specific issue would allow for a wide variety of creativity to be used in a more comfortable manner than a creationism story. Writing a story with the intent of sharing a lesson with the audience would provide a quality opportunity to input dialogue into my story, a first for myself and a writing style that would test my abilities and stretch my comfort zone to new levels of challenging myself as a creative writer overall. If I do decide to not write my story using the basis of Homer's Odyssey than undoubtedly telling a story of two brothers, with a lesson being learned by the reader as the end result of the narrative experience would be my go to option from this section. 

Bibliography: Egyptian Myth and Legend, David Mackenzie (1907), http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/06/egypt-two-brothers-part-one.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment