Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Have I experienced growth during the course of the semester? The simple answer to a seemingly simple questions, but one that bares far deeper meaning is yes. Initially I was not sure my creative writing would be able to advance in any significant manner, however as the semester has worn one I have realized there is more to my personal abilities than I had previously given myself credit for.

source: flickr 
 The writing requirements of this course have allowed for myself to grow creatively and in my own writing skills. It certainly has been no easy feat forcing my mind to reach beyond its traditional limitations to reach a new level of creativity. With half of the semester now over, there remains only a select bit of time to further my abilities and to continue growing in a progressive manner that will best suit me in the long run. 

4 comments:

  1. I think that it is great that you have discovered yourself in a new way! Sometimes all it takes is trying something new to find out that you enjoy it and love it as well. I think that it is incredible that you found that you have new writing abilities! After all trying and failing is still better than not trying at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I know I have experienced growth in my creative writing. Unlike you, though, I KNEW I had areas that I could grow in. I've never been that great of a writer. Being exposed to so many different writing styles and methods has helped me significantly with my writing in general. Like you said, it's no easy feat to push your mind to new creative limits, but you don't know until you try, right?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha immediately when the page loaded, my eyes went straight to the photo you used. It is very cute and motivating. I like how you started off fairly inquisitive and intellectual. I completely agree with you. I wasn’t sure on my creative writing abilities at first, but this class has really grown on me. It’s been very insightful in other aspects as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, you made a perfect choice on the picture! I love seeing the variety of picture choices made in this class, since it's required with basically every post. I agree that the writing requirements in this class have helped a lot with my personal ability as well, and many other aspects in school. Having a growth mindset is definitely very important though, and can help in all areas of life (more than just school).

    ReplyDelete