Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

(source: flickr)

Getting Feedback Articles 
5 Tips For Taking Feedback Like A Champ 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/meganbruneau/2016/07/15/5-tips-for-receiving-feedback-like-a-champ/#40020ac325f3
Overcoming The Fear Of Feedback 
http://blog.impraise.com/360-feedback/overcoming-the-fear-of-feedback-performance-review
Giving Feedback Articles 
The Difference Between Praise That Promotes Narcissism vs. Healthy Self-Esteem 
 https://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2015/03/10/the-difference-between-praise-that-promotes-narcissism-vs-healthy-self-esteem/
7 Key Characteristics Of Better Learning Feedback 
http://www.teachthought.com/pedagogy/7-key-characteristics-of-better-learning-feedback/

Receiving and giving feedback is a difficult thing to do in life, even more so for me personally when working on my own writing. Writing is a strange undertaking most days for me, it is something I have been tasked with doing so many times while working as a public relations major, but it is still an area where I am still not fully confident in the product I am producing on a daily basis. Revisions are a difficult thing to take advice on from others, even more so from individuals who you do not have a personal relationship with outside of the classroom. Reading another person's writing can allow you to develop a connection to the author that can potentially be more than what was possible prior. I have a difficulty taking feedback, however providing it to others is something that I am able to do with relative ease, that is why the two articles that made the most influence on me focus on the getting feedback articles. As the title of my second getting feedback source states, I have a fear of receiving feedback from others, largely due to the issue of fearing my work would be subpar and viewed as less than mediocre. Working to be more accepting of feedback from others and using this information to better my own product is the end goal for the semester, especially since it will be such an important part of the semester. Only time will tell if I am able to us what I have read in these articles for the better over the course of this class, if I am then I will be able to get the most out of this course.      

No comments:

Post a Comment