Friday, January 20, 2017

Week Two Reading Options

(statue of Poseidon in Copenhagen, Denmark)
(source: WikiMedia Commons 
Homer's Odyssey 
http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/myth-folklore-unit-homers-odyssey.html

This is actually a favorite story of mine, first being introduced to it during high school by my English teacher for an assignment. This is the story I have chosen to read for week two, hoping to enjoy the tale as much the second time as I did the first time around. I also remember watching a movie depicting the story during school that was delightfully cheesy since it appeared to be filmed on a small budget in the 60s or 70s.

Homer's Illiad (retold by A. J. Church)
http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/myth-folklore-unit-homers-iliad-retold.html

Being a fan of history, specifically the tales of ancient Greece and Rome I was drawn to this classic tale featuring the  hero Achilles. I have read a retelling of this story once before for a project during high school, and look forward to revisiting the beaches of Troy as she defends herself from foreign invaders. Also the action filled movie Troy with Brad Pitt may or may not have played a part in the selection as well.

Adam and Eve 
http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/myth-folklore-unit-adam-and-eve.html

This interests me as return to a simpler time in my life when I would attend Sunday school on a regular basis and the most stressful task I had to complete was practicing cursive. I have recently returned to attending church on a regular basis again and this story still remains in my memory as one of my favorites as a child.



No comments:

Post a Comment