Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

(time management reference)

Time management is an essential skill set to develop during college as a way to better prepare for the classes one is taking and to maintain a lower stress level. Entering my final semester of my senior year it is becoming clear I am beginning to suffer from "senioritis" once again. This occurred to me during my final year of high school and has reared its ugly head. Personally my time management issues lie in procrastinating till the last minute to finish an assignment or prepare studying for an exam. The two articles I chose to read related directly to this issue of mine, Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination and 11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time. The four question article was the more beneficial of the two for me personally as the questions it posed are the very same I struggle with myself on a regular basis. My constant struggle with time management is the little voice inside my head telling me it can wait until later so that I may do another activity that seems to provide me more entertainment at that immediate moment. My desire is to learn from the recommendations in these readings and to solve this procrastination issue once and for all before continuing onto graduate school. As for this course my current scheduling of doing the six hours of work per week over a three day interval, with two dedicated hours each day. Only time will really tell if this will be the best course of action or not in the long run for me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment