Thursday, April 27, 2017

Potential Class Improvements

The biggest benefit for the course would be to create "writing tutorial videos". There are many students who are not required to ever write anything in the daily course work of their major, especially anything that is more creative in nature. I know an assignment that I struggled with during the semester was the "reading notes"assignments. They became repetitive in nature for me and I noticed my note taking quality began to slip as the semester wore on. I became bored because in every story I was finding essentially the same material to focus on and in turn base my own narrative upon. Perhaps there could be a video describing how to dig deeper into the original story to find a deeper meaning that I could then translate to my own narrative. Feedback assignments, these were the bane of my existence during this course. These 150 word assignments, to comment on three different storybook or portfolio entries, were something that I dreaded the entire week. If these could be changed in some way or another I think the class would then be perfect. It was a wonderful semester and one that I enjoyed far more than I had expected at the beginning. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment