Monday, April 10, 2017

Reading Notes: Robin Hood Part A

Robin Hood. A classic tale that has been rewritten countless times to where it is becoming harder to determine which of the stories is the original, and where the imitations began. This telling was presented in a poetry format, divided into four line sections. This is an interesting style to me, as it is one of the few times aside from high school literature classes that I have been exposed to poetry of any form at all. The stories of Robin Hood are wonderful examples of classical literature set during medieval England. However these stories have been told in more ways than I could possibly ever count, so I had an epiphany, why not transfer the core characteristics that make the Robin Hood stories so beloved into a modern age. The core characters can remain, as can the manner in which the come to know one another, simply adjusted for the modern day. Or I can always tell a traditional Robin Hood tale in an unusual style than is traditionally found. Both options have wonderful potential, with tomorrow's reading determining where I will inevitably take my tale.


Bibliography: The English and Scottish Popular Ballads, Robin Hood, Francis James Childs(1882-1898)

Photo: The statue of Robin Hood in Nottingham Castle, England.
Source: Flickr 

No comments:

Post a Comment