Monday, April 17, 2017

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Ashliman) Part A

These reading notes assignments have become almost second nature to me after completing 12 weeks of this course, so I have narrowed down the process in determining what information will be beneficial to me concerning my story post for the week. The Brothers Grimm fairy tales are relatively familiar to a majority of Americans, whether they realize this simple fact or not. Disney has been bringing this classic tales to the theatre screen for decades now and it has left a lasting impact on western culture in general. The story I chose to read for today was one that I was familiar with from my childhood, Rumpelstiltskin. This will more than likely be the basis for my writing this week as it is a story that has stuck with me as I have grown up over the years. Hopefully my writing this week will do justice to the original work created by the Brothers Grimm.
Brothers Grimm statue in Hanau, Germany 

Bibliography: The Grimm Brothers'Children's and Household Tales, translated by D. L. Ashliman  

No comments:

Post a Comment