Monday, April 3, 2017

Reading Notes: King Arthur Part A

The stories of King Arthur and his knights are classic tales that almost any person growing up in the English world has heard at least once during their lifetime. The Authurian Legends are some of my favorite from my childhood and bring back fond memories of first seeing the stories depicted in animated form, then later on reading the stories myself for the first time during middle school.
The narrative of this portion of the Arthur legend presented no overwhelmingly new information for me to grasp, rather it added more detail to information that I was already familiar with. I see no reason in retelling the events of how Arthur came to be King of Britain, when this is already a story that is known all too well by many Westerners, rather I intend to create a new adventure for Arthur and his knights to embark upon. Will the story be focused on a crusade to the Middle East or perhaps an invasion of Normandy? As of now I am unsure of the direction I will take with my narrative, but I am sure after another session of reading my decision will be made for me. 

Photo Information: A classical depiction of King Arthur

Bibliography: King Arthur Tales of the Round Table, Andrew Lang  

No comments:

Post a Comment