Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Ashliman) Part B


The stories from today were all new to me and it certainly was interesting to be introduced to some of the lesser known Brothers Grimm tales. These did not grab my attention in quite the same way as the more famous tales that I have grown up hearing and visualizing. Due to my unfamiliarity with the stories no specific one jumped out and grabbed my attention quite like the previous day did with the story of Rumplestiltskins. Because of this general lack of excitement over the source material on my end it was an easy decision to base my story this week around the tale I am most familiar with, rather than venturing into unknown territory in search of fresh material to use. I know this is the simple way out of my situation, but I also believe it provides me the greatest opportunity for success on this given assignment. 


Bibliography: The Grimm Brothers' Children's and Household Tales, translated by D. L. Ashliman 

Image Information: A writer conducting research 
Source: Pexels  

No comments:

Post a Comment